So I am now a graduate of homeschool. Seems like it wasn't that long ago as a little girl I was complaining that I would NEVER be done with school! Time does go by fast.... One thing I really like about homeschool is that it has allowed me to have my own personality, my own likes and dislikes, my own hobbies with out having to conform to peer pressure, and not having to do homework 24/7. And it allowed me to have my graduation ceremony my own way. I did not wear a cap and gown (they look ugly in my opinion!), so my wonderful friend Sarah brought her Colonial dress. My aunt did my hair. I really liked how the ceremony went. We sang a few hymns, my former pastor gave a short sermon, we played a slideshow of photos of me over the years, my grandpa and parents gave a speech, then my parents signed and presented me with my diploma and a dozen roses, then I played a piano piece, then we sang another hymn then prayed. Afterwards, we had light refreshments. Everything went well, except when Dad read the diploma and said "Abigail Thomas has completed elementary school...oh, sorry, I mean high school." LOL!!! I'm really proud to have been homeschooled and wouldn't have it any other way!!! Thanks to my Aunt Nora and my friend Laurie who took these pictures, and Sarah who let me borrow the dress!
Two of my favorite photos.




Congrats on your graduations! I was homeschooled, too, and wouldn't have had it any other way. I felt just like you did, that it allowed me to develop my own personality and pursue -my- interests, like historical costume and Irish dance, things I would never had a chance to experience in public school. We're lucky girls! Congrats again!
ReplyDelete